First Presbyterian Church of the Covenant loves college students! The purpose of the College Ministry is to provide opportunities for young adults to grow in the faith and to support the Campus Ministry of Gannon University Students.
- The Kirk House – a co-ed living and learning discipleship house where Gannon University students from various Christian traditions live and learn in community with one another. Students commit to living together, praying together, eating together on occasion, and generally caring for one another. Applications are accepted in the late fall for the following school year.Questions? Contact our Co-Campus Ministers: Abby Blankenship at [email protected] and Kyle Schumacher at [email protected]
- Restore– A vibrant community for students of all traditions to grow together towards God! Restore is a faith-sharing group for students of all walks of faith. Join us Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. at Gannon’s Waldron 219 for evenings of prayer, worship, discussion, fellowship and snacks! Questions? Contact Abby Blankenship and Kyle Schumacher.
- Jubilee Conference – an annual conference held every February in Pittsburgh, PA. Sponsored by the Coalition for Christian Outreach (CCO), this conference seeks to challenge students to integrate Christ in every are of their lives. Jubilee takes place the third weekend in February at the Westin Convention Center in Pittsburgh.CCO. The Jubilee conference encourages the students to consider the public implications of their own personal transformation and what it means to be faithful to God both in their university years and in their vocational pursuits that will follow. For more information check out: www.jubileeconference.com.
- Special Events – Each year campus ministry sponsors a variety of fun-filled events for college students including: Kirk Cook Out, TGIF (Thank God, Its Franks), Study Space for Gannon Students for the 10 days prior to Fall and Spring Finals, “Smooth Move” (water breaks during move in), and “Back to the Grind”(hot beverages – coffee, tea and hot chocolate plus home made cinnamon buns -all handed-out to students, faculty and workers on their way to class or work on Mondays and Tuesday starting in November.
CCO – The Coalition for Christian Outreach (CCO), located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, partners with First Presbyterian Church of the Covenant in providing Campus Ministry to college students.
For more information on the CCO, please visit their web page by clicking here.
Gannon University – Gannon is located one block east of First Presbyterian Church of the Covenant. To read more about the Campus Ministries available to Gannon Students through the University, please visit Gannon University’s webpage by clicking here.
- Join the College Education Committee
- Provide tasty home-cooked (or store bought) treats for “Study Space”
- Support Kirk House events – provide a meal for the students living in the house or volunteer to help out at the Kirk Cook Out, Annul Clean-Up Day and other events
- Help send care packages to FPCC college students who are away from home
For more information contact:
Abby Blankenship, Co-Campus Minister at [email protected]
Kyle Schumacher, Campus Minister at [email protected]
or call the FPCC church office at 814-456-4243