Welcome back, Students! A new programming year is underway for the Covenant Youth Group. Every Sunday at 4:00 p.m., we will gather around the table to share dinner and our lives together! Not only will we grow in relationship with one another but we will also be growing in service. Each month, we will have at least one service activity. And of course, from 5:40-6:30 p.m. any student who wants to do music (Greater Than The Sum Choir or Bells) is invited by Mr. Service to the Sanctuary. Anyone who does not participate in music is welcome to bring home-work to work on or just hang out with the awesome youth leaders Pick-up time is 6:30 p.m. in the 7th St. parking lot. Any questions? Please contact Britney Knight at [email protected]
Youth Group Schedule – Every Sunday 4:00 p.m.- 6:30 p.m.
- October 6- Youth Group & Greater Than The Sum
- October 13- Youth Group & Greater Than The Sum
- October 20- Youth Group & Greater Than The Sum
- October 27- Youth Group & Greater Than The Sum
Presbytery of Lake Erie Youth Event 2019
November 2 (start: 2:00 p.m.) & November 3(ends: 11 a.m.) at Church of the Cross, 5901 Millfair Rd., Fairview, PA
W are joining youth from all over the Presbytery of Lake Erie for an overnighter full of service, games, food, worship and faith-stretching activities! The theme this fall is: WALK HUMBLY
Registration Due: October 25 (See Britney Knight for a form)
Youth can expect to play games, do a service project, be a part of a small group, worship in a new way, and of course eat throughout the night and morning! Dinner, snacks, and breakfast will be provided. At this overnighter “lock-in” event, we will be exploring ways to reach out to those on the margins of our schools and communities. How do we talk to people who may be the victims of violence like bullying? How do we interact with people who are the perpetrators of such violence? How does our faith inform us? We are also putting together Presbyterian Disaster Assistance Clean-Up Buckets for victims of natural violence (hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, etc.). This is where you come in congregation–you can be a part of this ministry to our youth! Please consider donating some of these items below, so that the youth can put together the buckets! Our goal is 50 buckets!
Here’s a list of needed supplies:
- 5-gallon bucket with resealable lid
- Scouring pads (pack of 5)
- Sponges, assorted sizes
- Scrub brush
- Package of Cleaning Towels (18 reusable, like Easy Wipes®)
- 50 oz. or two 25 oz. bottle(s) of liquid laundry detergent
- Liquid concentrated household cleaner (Lysol®), 12 oz.)
- Bottles of liquid disinfectant dish soap (Dawn®), 24-28 oz.)
- Packages of clothespins (48-50 ct)
- Clothesline, two 50 ft. or one 100 ft.
- Dust Masks
- Heavy-duty, waterproof dish washing gloves (latex-free, non-surgical)
- Work Gloves
- 24 to 28 count roll heavy-duty trash bags (30-45 gallon)
- Bottles of insect repellent (pump, drops or lotion; not aerosol), 6-9 oz.
Please purchase all liquids in plastic bottles. Send only new, unopened materials. Drop off all items in the church office by November 1.
Confirmation Class 2020
Is your son or daughter entering 7th or 8th grade this fall? Are you wondering if Confirmation is for them? For information email [email protected] We are starting to prepare a group for Confirmation to begin in January 2020.