11 am Sunday worship on Facebook Live until further notice
Listen to any past Sunday sermon in the Sermon Archive on this website
March 24, 2020
The coronavirus pandemic has created an opportunity to explore and experience the benefits of the virtual world. This virtual world will allow us to stay connected while we cannot gather in place. Please note: All in-person worship and activities are cancelled until further notice.
- You can enjoy virtual worship at 11 a.m. on Sunday mornings on Facebook Live. There is only one virtual worship at 11 a.m. Go to this link www.Facebook.com/FirstCovenantErie/
- Virtual Bible study Wednesdays at 12 noon. Enjoy this half hour of Bible study weekly also on Facebook Live. Here’s the link www.Facebook.com/FirstCovenantErie/
- Listen to any past Sunday sermon on this website by going to the Worship section then Sermon Archive, go to this page https://firstcovenanterie.org/publications/audio/
- All Sunday morning Faith Formation classes, regularly held at 9:30 a.m., are cancelled until further notice.
- All First Covenant activities, committee meetings and outreach events are cancelled until further notice.
- The Sunday Supper ministry will no longer offer dine-in meals. Instead, this ministry will continue as take-out only from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Sundays until further notice.
- First Covenant staff are using Zoom for weekly meetings on Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m.
- The First Covenant church office is not closed. However, staff are mostly working from home, where possible. A ministry staff person can be reached in the office each weekday, Monday-Friday from 8:30-5 p.m. The building is closed to all meetings, gatherings, events until further notice. The church is working with community partners to address needs and concerns as they arise. You can call the church office at 814.456.4243 or email [email protected]
- The Session of First Covenant are also planning to use Zoom for monthly meetings.
- Presbyterian Church U.S.A – Coronavirus/Covid-19 Resources for Congregations & Members: https://www.pcusa.org/covid19/
March 17, 2020
Coronavirus Pandemic Update #2: First Covenant church leaders and staff have made the decision to close the church building to ALL groups and to postpone the physical gathering for worship on Sunday mornings until further notice. Erie County is under a declared state of emergency because of the COVID-19 pandemic. Emergency measures are in place including: the closing of all non-essential businesses, shelter-at-home, social distancing – maintaining a minimum of six feet between you and another person, only leaving your home for essential shopping for groceries, prescriptions and gas. For the latest updates and information on the coronavirus pandemic from local, state and national officials, go to the Erie County website https://eriecountypa.gov/covid-19-update/
The Big Event – Postponed: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the decision has been made to postpone The Big Event scheduled for March 28 at First Presbyterian Church of the Covenant, Erie. It is clearly the prudent action to take even as the planning team regrets the decision. It is the desire of the planning team to re-schedule this event at some point in the future.
Staff and Office at First Covenant: Due to the coronavirus crisis most of the staff members are working at home until further notice. Contact can be made by email or phone. The office is closed until further notice.
Interested in joining something new at First Covenant? Consider being a part of the Praise Band! Interested in playing an instrument or singing in a band setting? This group is open to all and we would love to have you join in the fun! We are learning new music and working together to add another style of music to what we offer at First Covenant. Weekly gatherings, days and times vary. See Monty Service about this musical opportunity and/or send questions to [email protected]
Share Your Musical Talents: We encourage congregation members who would like to share their musical talent with the church on Sunday mornings! All Sundays in August are open and in need of special music for worship. Instrumental, vocal and dance offerings would be fantastic! Can You help?! If so, please contact Leslie Weber at [email protected]
Fellowship & Coffee Hour: Church members are asked to contribute to our Sunday morning fellowship & coffee hour. It’s easy, just sign-up in the parlor to bring treats for Sunday fellowship. No need for a “theme” or to make anything fancy; just contribute two bags of store bought cookies, or two bags of pretzels, or one veggie tray with dip, or a platter of your favorite appetizer. The fellowship committee will set-up the parlor, put out your donations and if you could help us clean-up that would be great too! This new approach is designed to make it easy for all to contribute and participate.
Help Stock the “Little Pantry:” Canned and packaged food items are needed to keep the Little Pantry stocked year-round. The food cupboard is located on the south side of the garage in the First Covenant church parking lot. Here are some items that are most in need: cereals, hot cereals, rice, soups, canned goods, pastas, and packaged side dishes. Neighbors with food needs are often spotted visiting the Little Pantry for items to help them get by.
Connecting with Pastor Chris: When you wish to contact our First Covenant Pastor, Rev. Chris Weichman, he can be reached in the church office Tuesday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at 814-456-4243 ex.103 or anytime at [email protected]
Update the church office with your new contact information: If you have moved, changed your phone number or email address please update your contact information and let the church office know by contacting JoAnn Peters at 456-4243 Ext 110 or at [email protected]. If you have a question for the church office, send your email to: [email protected]