Our Neighbor’s Place Returns November 20…
Our Neighbors’ Place returns to First Covenant for another session January 2 – 15. The number of individuals seeking shelter during the cold winter months is significant. Last year we experienced record numbers during our two weeks of hosting in February when we sheltered an average of 65 guests per night. We encourage you to find ways to support the shelter, as it takes a tremendous community effort to successfully host for two weeks. Ways to get involved:
- Volunteer for a shift. Three shifts need to be covered each night including; 7:00 – 11:00 pm, 11:00 pm – 3:00 am and 3:00 – 7:00 am. Contact Dale Sweet to volunteer.
- Prepare and serve a meal for 50-60 guests. It doesn’t need to be fancy. Gather a small group of family, friends, a committee you serve on, a small group you participate in, or a church board you serve on and prepare a meal. The meal is served at 8:00 p.m. each evening. Contact Pat Tracy to schedule a meal.
- Donate needed food and toiletries. The Giving Trees will be set-up in December inside First Covenant.Please take a tag or two or three and bring the donation to the church.
- Donate gently used CLEAN clothing.The following items are the ONLY items needed: jeans, men’s winter coats, men’s winter gloves, boots and sweatshirts(especially hoodies) and sweaters
(hoodies are especially needed). Please label all clothing donations for Pat Tracy and leave them in the church office.
- Volunteer to help set-up and tear down the shelter. Please contact Dale Sweet.
- Pray for this Mission In Action ministry.
- Contribute financially to this ministry.
Dale and Pat are grateful for the many people who have supported Our Neighbors’ Place in the past and encourage you to get involved in a new way this season. To contact Pat Tracy, call 814-864-6118 or email her at [email protected].
Joy and peace, Dale and Pat
The 2019-2020 winter shelter schedule for Our Neighbor’s Place
Doors open at 7:30 p.m. – 7:00 a.m.
- Nov. 20 – Dec. 4 – First Covenant – 250 West 7th St. (456-4243)
- Dec. 4 – Dec. 18 – Holy Trinity Lutheran – 643 West 17th St. (452-3518)
- Dec. 18 – Jan.1 – Church of the Nativity – 247 Front St. (454-8618)
- Jan. 1 – Jan. 15 – First Covenant – 250 West 7th St. (456-4243)
- Jan. 15 – Jan. 29 – St. John the Baptist – 509 East 26th St. (454-2873)
- Jan. 29 – Feb. 12 – Church of the Nativity – 347 Front St. (454-8618)
- Feb. 12 – Feb. 26 – St. Joseph Church/Bread of Life – 147 West 24th St. (452-2982)
- Feb. 26 – Mar. 11 – St. John the Baptist – 509 East 26th St. (452-2982)
- Mar. 11 – Mar. 25 – First Covenant – 250 West 7th St. (456-4243)