Music Ministry Notes
The choirs at First Covenant are getting ready for the new music programming year for 2018-2019. Are your ready to join in? All are welcome.
- The Covenant Choir rehearses on Thursdays in the Music Room at 7:15 p.m. and Sunday mornings at 10:30 a.m. Interested to see what choir is all about? Come and find out! All are welcome!
- The Covenant Bells rehearse at 6:30 p.m. on Thursdays in the Sanctuary.
- Youth: Note the time change! Greater than the Sum, for grades 6-12, meets directly after Youth Group from 5:45-6:30 in the Sanctuary on Sundays. All are welcome regardless of previous experience! Please feel free to come with suggestions for music that helps you to feel and explore your faith. This group will continue to sing, ring bells and explore a wide variety of genres and instrumentation as we together explore the music that the Spirit uses to speak to us.
- Kids: Spiritual Formation/Music hour for ages 4 through 5th grade is from 9:30-10:30 on the third floor on Sundays. All are welcome!!
- Junior Ringers: We will be starting a chimes group for kids younger than 6th grade on Wednesdays nights from 6:00-6:30 (directly following Connections Dinner) in the Music Room.
- Missional Music Opportunity: We have been using music to welcome our Sunday Suppers guests. We will also use music to welcome Connections diners. If you are interested in sharing your gifts during these times, whether it be vocal or instrumental, one song or a set of music, a solo or group, please contact Monty Service.
- Piano Lessons: If you are interested in piano lessons, child or Adult, taught here at the church, please contact Monty Service. Lessons are $15 for 30 minutes, the money goes to the church. If you would like more information or to find out if this might be for you let Monty know!
If you have an interest in music contact Monty Service – Coordinator of Missional Music at [email protected]