The choirs at First Covenant participate in Sunday morning worship from September through May. New members are always welcome. New singers and ringers are encouraged to join at anytime. Special music is selected for Advent & Christmas, and Lent & Easter. The choirs and bells take a summer break during June, July and August. If you would like to join one of our adult choirs contact Leslie Weber at 833-9437 or [email protected] If you are interested in any of the children, youth or missional music opportunities, contact Monty Service in the church office or at [email protected]
- The Covenant Choir rehearses on Thursdays in the music room at 7:15 p.m. and Sunday mornings at 10:30 a.m. Interested to see what choir is all about? Come and find out! The Covenant choir presents their offering of music to the congregation through a weekly anthem. On occasion, they will also present a hymn of the month or another special musical selection. Their anthems represent music from a wide variety of musical genres. No rehearsals during the summer months.
- The Covenant Bells rehearse at 6:30 p.m. on Thursdays in the Sanctuary. No rehearsals during the summer months. This choir presents their offering of music to the congregation about one Sunday a month. Previous bell experience is desired and a strong sense of rhythm is necessary, in order to join this choir.
- Youth: Greater than the Sum, for grades 6-12, meets directly after Youth Group from 5:45-6:30 p.m. in the Sanctuary on Sundays. All are welcome regardless of previous experience! Please feel free to come with suggestions for music that helps you to feel and explore your faith. This group will continue to sing, ring bells and explore a wide variety of genres and instrumentation as we together explore the music that the Spirit uses to speak to us.
- Kids: Spiritual Formation/Music hour for ages 4 through 5th grade is from 9:30-10:30 a.m. on the third floor on Sundays. All are welcome!!
- Junior Ringers: We will be starting a chimes group for kids younger than 6th grade on Wednesdays nights from 6:00-6:30 (directly following Connections Dinner) in the Music Room.
- Missional Music Opportunity: We have been using music to welcome our Sunday Supper and Connections guests. If you are interested in sharing your gifts during these times, whether it be vocal or instrumental, one song or a set of music, a solo or group, please contact Monty Service.
- Solo Opportunities: Throughout the year there are numerous opportunities to share your musical gifts. First Covenant members and members of the community are encouraged to contact First Covenant Choirmaster & Organist Leslie Weber to present a vocal or instrumental offering during Sunday worship services.
- Piano Lessons: If you are interested in piano lessons, child or Adult, taught here at the church, please contact Monty Service. Lessons are $15 for 30 minutes, the money goes to the church. If you would like more information or to find out if this might be for you let Monty know!
If you have an interest in music, contact Leslie Weber, Choirmaster & Organist, at [email protected] for adult music or contact Monty Service, Coordinator of Missional Music, at [email protected] for children, youth & missional opportunities.