“We love one another because Christ first loved us.”
The purpose of Caring Ministries at First Covenant is to provide Christian love and care for one another in times of need.
Class of 2021: Carol Beach, Sue Evans, Mary Lou Neithamer, Sheila Sweet, and Karen Weichman
Class of 2020: Linda Altof, Deborah Bernardini, Lorie Fritts, Melany Kramer and Scott Steva
Class of 2019: Julie Copen, Jason Fisher, Ronald Robertson, Cindy Kerchoff, and LuAnn Shidemantle
Highlights of Caring Ministries:
- Deacons: An elected board of deacons to care for the needs of members of the church, and our neighbors.
- Stephen Ministers: Individuals trained in Christian care-giving for one-on-one support
Other Caring Ministries:
- Hospital callers
- Home-bound callers
- New parent outreach gifts
- Daily Prayer Chain
- Home communion
- Bereavement support
- Supporting the Little Pantry project
- Christmas Food Baskets
Ways You Can Get Involved:
- Become a Deacon
- Train to become a Stephen Minister
- Join the daily Prayer Chain
- Become a hospital or home-bound caller
- Knit prayer shawls or quilt baby blankets (Volunteers are needed for this ministry. )
- Love one another!
***There is a special need right now for volunteers to transport church members to worship. If you can help out with this ministry, please contact the church office. The frequency depends on the specific needs of the member. For more information or to volunteer, please contact the church office at 814-456-4243.