“We love one another because Christ first loved us.”
The purpose of Caring Ministries at First Covenant is to provide Christian love and care for one another in times of need.
Board of Deacons at First Covenant
Class of 2023: Virginia Hey, Deborah Hiscott, Sue Pease, Scott Steva, and Phyllis Zdaniewski
Class of 2022: Diane Engelskirger, Susan Packard, Karola Ranft, Diane Ream, and Ronald Robertson
Class of 2021: Carol Beach, Sue Evans, Mary Lou Neithamer, Sheila Sweet, and *Karen Weichman *(on sabbatical)
Highlights of Caring Ministries:
- Deacons: An elected board of deacons to care for the needs of members of the church, and our neighbors.
- Stephen Ministers: Individuals trained in Christian care-giving for one-on-one support
Other Caring Ministries:
- Hospital callers
- Home-bound callers
- New parent outreach gifts
- Daily Prayer Chain
- Home communion
- Bereavement support
- Supporting the Little Pantry project
- Christmas Food Baskets
Ways You Can Get Involved:
- Become a Deacon
- Train to become a Stephen Minister
- Join the daily Prayer Chain
- Become a hospital or home-bound caller
- Knit prayer shawls or quilt baby blankets (Volunteers are needed for this ministry. )
- Love one another!
For more information or to volunteer, please contact the church office at 814-456-4243.