While the COVID-19 pandemic continues and social distancing recommendations remain in effect, in-person worship and other gatherings at First Covenant are postponed until further notice. The Session and staff of First Covenant have deferred gathering indoors until January 2021, at the earliest.
Join us for online worship at 11:00 a.m. Sundays on Facebook Live. Be sure to gather ‘bread’ and ‘cup’ at home the first Sunday of every month for ‘Remote Communion.’ If you are unable to participate in Communion online and would like a pastor to share Communion on your porch, call the church and ask for Pastor Chris or Pastor Britney. To view the live stream of online worship, go to www.Facebook.com/FirstCovenantErie/
The weekly bulletin is on the website before Sunday worship begins so you can follow along. If you cannot join the live stream, you can listen to the sermon audio, anytime on this website, just go to the Worship section and search for sermon audio. If you would like to view video of a worship service, go to the Worship section and search for Facebook Live videos or the church’s YouTube channel.
In addition to the live stream of worship on Sundays, you can also enjoy online Bible studies and Faith Discussion weekly:
- Women & the Word Tuesdays on Zoom at 7:00 p.m. “Into the Light: Finding Hope Through Prayers of Lament” with Pastor Britney
- Bible Study on Zoom with Pastor Britney Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. Contact [email protected]
- Bible Study on Facebook Live Wednesdays at 12 noon with Pastor Chris Weichman or Pastor Britney Knight. Here’s the link www.Facebook.com/FirstCovenantErie/
- Men’s Bible Study Thursdays on Zoom at 7:30 a.m. Every other Thursday with Pastor Chris.
- Faith Discussion on Sunday mornings on Zoom at 9:30 a.m. Join Rob Baker this fall for “Unbelievers: An Emotional History of Doubt.”
Here’s HOW to bring up Facebook Live:
- Click on the link www.Facebook.com/FirstCovenantErie/.
- This will take to you to the church’s Facebook Page.
- Scroll down until you see the section marked “videos”.
- Click on see all.
- Here you can view any videos we have already made including worship services and Bible studies that are being LIVE STREAMED.
- The video in the top left corner of the section will be the newest video…so this is the one you click on to view the current service.
- “Follow” and “Like” the page so that you will receive notifications when we are “Live”.
In-Person Gathering Deferred: Worship, faith formation and neighborhood ministry are continuing online or with social distancing, even though we have not gathered indoors, in-person since early March. Based on consultation with local public health and infectious disease officials, and aware of the ease of spread of the Covid-19 virus, the Session and staff have deferred in-person gathering indoors until January 2021, at the earliest. Concern for the health of neighbors, members and staff has been the prime consideration from the start of the pandemic. Livestream worship, online faith formation and occasional outdoor events with masks and social distancing will remain our primary means of “gathering.” Even when the church reopens to in-person worship, the “new” normal for worship will look a lot different. The online, livestream worship and Bible studies will continue even when in-person worship resumes.