Faith Formation classes are every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. Regular Worship times are now in place through May 2018 and are Sundays at 8:30 a.m. in the McBrier Chapel and 11:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary. Here’s a look at the new programming year and the schedule of classes:
- Pre-K through 5th Grade: Children will be singing, baking, experimenting, and crafting their way through the Bible starting with Genesis. Join us every Sunday from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Rehearsals for the Christmas Pageant begin in October. During Children’s Church, participants will continue study on the curriculum during the 11:00 a.m. Worship Service and from 9:30-10:30 a.m. children will prepare for the pageant.
- 6th Grade-8th Grade: Youth will experience hands-on investigative learning that leads to deep engagement with the Bible, faith, and what it means to be a Christian through Collaborate Bible Study.
- 7th & 8th Grade: Students are invited to participate in Confirmation this year beginning in January during the Faith Formation hour. Participating in Faith Formation classes prior to January is important for Confirmation!
- 9th Grade-College: Youth and Young Adults will be watching videos from today’s leading theologians and pastors like Nadia Bolz-Weber, Shane Claiborne, and Rachel Held Evans as they discuss big questions about faith, Jesus, and living as a Christian.
- Youth Group – 6th – 12th Grade: Join us every Sunday from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. A whole new year, a whole new look! We will be having a meal, as a group every Sunday, so don’t worry about grabbing dinner before you come!
Adults: Faith Formation Classes from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Protestants: Faith that Made the Modern World (Room 116) ~Join Rob Baker as he journeys with you from the Reformation, discovery of the New World, Abolition, Apartheid, and more as you learn about the Protestants (many of them Presbyterian!) who transformed our world, our history, and the story of humankind. This is a wonderful way to celebrate the 500th Anniversary of Martin Luther nailing his 95 theses to the Wittenberg Castle Church door
- Pastor’s Class (Fidelis Room)
– September to October 1st – “What is the Gospel?”
– October 8th to 22nd – Guest teacher
– October 29th – “Happy 500th Birthday Reformation”
– November 5th to 19th – “The Stewardship of Life”
– November 26th – Guest teacher
- Note: December classes include The Genealogy of Jesus, Jesus in the Manger, and The Wise Men. This class is not about how much or how little you know, but about asking questions and growing in faith. All are welcome!
- Ephesians (Room 313) Join Bill Holmes as he teaches on the Letter to the Ephesians by looking at historical criticism, exegesis, and discussion.
Small Faith Groups During the Week
- Wednesday Morning Bible Study (Library): Our group is studying the books of the Minor Prophets. Hosea and Amos will be our first prophets. Britney Knight leads this class at from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. every Wednesday.
- Wine & the Word: On the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of every month at 7:00 p.m., a group of women gather together to discuss, share, and reflect on the ways at which God is present either at home, work, or the world. Our fall book discussion is focused on Pastrix by Nadia Bolz-Weber. Books are available in the Library to borrow or for purchase in the church office for $5.00. For more information and the address for the next gathering, contact Britney Knight at [email protected]. All women are welcome!
- Men’s Bible Study: Join a group of men, which includes Jackie Jones, Seph Kumer, Steve Osborn and more, as they gather in the Parlor every Friday morning at 7:00 a.m. to pray and reflect on scripture. All men are welcome!
Invite a friend!
Do something different!
Try something new!
How is God at work in your life?