Meet You Under the Bell Tower…
September 10 is the kickoff date for our 2017-2018 Faith Formation Year with food, fun, and our faith family under the bell tower.You and your family will be able to sign-up for mission and faith formation opportunities, classes, and small groups.
Here’s a Preview of Fall Faith Formation:
- Pre-K through 5th Grade: Children will be singing, baking, experimenting, and crafting their way through the Bible starting with Genesis. Join us every Sunday, starting September 17 during Faith Formation hour (9:30-10:30 AM).
- 6th Grade-8th Grade: Youth will experience hands-on investigative learning that leads to deep engagement with the Bible, faith, and what it means to be a Christian through Collaborate Bible Study.
- Students in grades 7th and 8th Grade are invited to participate in Confirmation this year beginning in January during the Faith Formation hour. Participating in Faith Formation beginning Sunday, September 17 is important for confirmation!
- 9th Grade-College: Youth and Young Adults will be watching videos from today’s leading theologians and pastors like Nadia Bolz-Weber, Shane Claiborne, and Rachel Held Evans as they discuss big questions about faith, Jesus, and living as a Christian. Get ready to be transformed staring September 17 during Faith Formation hour.
- 6th Grade-12th Grade: B2SB2YG (Back to School, Back to Youth Group) Join us every Sunday, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. beginning September 10! A whole new year, a whole new look! We will be having a meal, as a group every Sunday, so don’t worry about grabbing dinner before you come!
- Protestants: Faith that Made the Modern World ~Join Rob Baker as he journeys with you from the Reformation, discovery of the New World, Abolition, Apartheid, and more as you learn about the Protestants (many of them Presbyterian!) who transformed our world, our history, and the story of humankind. This is a wonderful way to celebrate the 500th Anniversary of Martin Luther nailing his 95 theses to the Wittenberg Castle Church door!
- Spiritual Disciplines, Say What?~Take a moment and think about all of the free time you have…Like many of you, I, Britney Knight, suffer from the busyness of life. Almost every week, some news channel, paper, magazine, or journal produces a story about the overworked, over-stressed, and busy American. Is there another option for Christians? Instead of letting our work and social lives dictate our spiritual life, could our spiritual lives guide and influence the way we live? First, we will look at the spiritual discipline of Sabbath-keeping. Join us beginning September 17 during Faith Formation Hour.
This is just a preview of what is coming this September! Be sure to join us September 10 under the bell tower after each service to experience the full scope of classes, mission teams, and small groups that will be starting up in the Fall!
Invite a friend! Do something different! Try something new! How is God at work in your life?
~ Britney Knight