Fall is here and our regular Sunday worship services are now at 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. The 8:30 a.m. worship service is in the chapel. The 11:00 a.m. service is in the sanctuary. Livestreaming is available on Facebook Live during the 11:00 a.m. service. There will also be faith formation classes at 9:30 a.m. In the past, the early service was a close duplicate of the 11 a.m. service. Now the 8:30 a.m. service has evolved into a slightly shorter format to allow for added staff and volunteer preparations for the 11:00 a.m. service in the sanctuary and live online.
Masks are required even if you are fully vaccinated. Church leaders and staff have decided that the increase in COVID-19 cases across the country and here in Erie County, due in large part to the Delta variant, are too great a risk at this point in time. Therefore, everyone will be required to wear a mask anywhere on the First Covenant campus. This latest increase in Covid cases poses a high risk to our children who are not able to be vaccinated yet. We will continue to practice social distancing and seating every third pew.
Pandemic In-Person Worship Protocols
Everyone is required to wear a mask during worship and while visiting any location on the First Covenant campus until further notice.
Here’s what to expect:
- Facebook LIVE-streaming of worship available for the 11:00 a.m. service. Attend online or in-person: it is your choice based on your comfort. If you attend in-person, keep this in mind. Talking / noises will be picked up by mics.
- Complete this Health Assessment Form in advance—each time you attend – and bring it with you.
- Limited entry/exit doors. You can enter through the coat room doors at the northeast corner of the church or the doors to the church office.
- Bulletins. Hymnals. Pew pads. You will be handed a worship packet as you enter. It is the same as what is emailed weekly, containing all bible texts and music. Nothing touched by multiple people will be used: hymnals, bibles, pew pads are stored until further notice. Attendance is received via the health forms.
- Offering will be received as you exit. Or continue to give via the church website, the Give-Plus app, or U.S. mail.