Faith Formation classes for all ages are held on Sundays at 9:30 a.m. Worship Services are held Sundays at 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Here’s a look at Faith Formation classes at Covenant:
- Pre-K through 5th Grade: Children will be singing, baking, experimenting, and crafting their way through the Bible starting with Genesis. Join us every Sunday, during Faith Formation hour from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- 6th Grade-8th Grade: Youth will experience hands-on investigative learning that leads to deep engagement with the Bible, faith, and what it means to be a Christian through Collaborate Bible Study.
- 7th & 8th Grade: Students are invited to participate in Confirmation this year beginning in January during the Faith Formation hour. Participating in Faith Formation now is important for Confirmation!
- 9th Grade-College: Youth and Young Adults will be watching videos from today’s leading theologians and pastors like Nadia Bolz-Weber, Shane Claiborne, and Rachel Held Evans as they discuss big questions about faith, Jesus, and living as a Christian.
- Youth Group – 6th- 12th Grade: Join us every Sunday from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at First Covenant. A whole new year, a whole new look! We will be having a meal, as a group every Sunday, so don’t worry about grabbing dinner before you come!
Adults: Faith Formation Classes are every Sunday morning from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Protestants: Faith that Made the Modern World (Room 116) ~Join Rob Baker as he journeys with you from the Reformation, discovery of the New World, Abolition, Apartheid, and more as you learn about the Protestants (many of them Presbyterian!) who transformed our world, our history, and the story of humankind. This is a wonderful way to celebrate the 500th Anniversary of Martin Luther nailing his 95 theses to the Wittenberg Castle Church door
- Pastor’s Class (Fidelis Room)
Faith Formation classes in the Fidelis Room will include The Book of Jonah. All are welcome!
- Ephesians (Room 313) Join Bill Holmes as he teaches on the Letter to the Ephesians by looking at historical criticism, exegesis, and discussion.
Small Faith Groups During the Week
- Wednesday Morning Bible Study (Library): Our group is studying the books of the Minor Prophets. Hosea and Amos will be our first prophets. Britney Knight leads this class at from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. every Wednesday. If you have questions, contact Britney Knight at [email protected]
- Wine & the Word: The group meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays of every month at 7:00 p.m. Wine & The Word is a group of women who gather together to discuss, share, and reflect on the ways at which God is present either at home, work, or the world. For more information and the location for the next gathering, contact Britney Knight at [email protected]. All women are welcome!
- Men’s Bible Study: Join a group of men, which includes Jackie Jones, Seph Kumer, Steve Osborn and more, as they gather in the Parlor every Friday morning at 7:00 a.m. to pray and reflect on scripture. All men are welcome!
Invite a friend!
Do something different!
Try something new!
How is God at work in your life?