Faith Formation classes are every Sunday at 9:30 a.m. Regular Worship times are Sundays at 8:30 a.m. in the McBrier Chapel and 11:00 a.m. in the Sanctuary. Here’s a look at the new programming year and the schedule of classes:
- Pre-K through 5th Grade: Children will be singing, baking, experimenting, and crafting their way through the Bible starting with Genesis. Join us every Sunday from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Rehearsals for the Christmas Pageant begin in October. During Children’s Church, participants will continue study on the curriculum during the 11:00 a.m. Worship Service and from 9:30-10:30 a.m. children will prepare for the pageant.
- 6th Grade-8th Grade:Youth will experience hands-on investigative learning that leads to deep engagement with the Bible, faith, and what it means to be a Christian through CoLABorate Bible Study focusing on the New Testament. Join us in the Third Floor Lounge!
- 9th Grade-College: Youth and Young Adults will be participating in lively discussion with the new TBD (Think. Believe. Do.) Curriculum.
- Youth Group – 6th – 12th Grade: Join us every Sunday from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Third Floor Lounge. We will be having a meal, as a group every Sunday, so don’t worry about grabbing dinner before you come!
Adults: Faith Formation Classes from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- “Future Faith” ~ (Room 116) Join Rob Baker’s faith formation class, (still looked at as the book discussion class). Last years’ book was thick and written by a university professor and information dense. This year’s book “Future Faith” is much lighter reading and written by a pastor and administrative leader in the reformed church of America. He focuses on current and upcoming challenges facing the U.S. church in light of recent global changes in demographics of the world wide church. Rob expects this book to present much more discussion opportunities and there is an author provided discussion guide already included in the book. There will be a notebook provided for class with supplemental materials and an ongoing connection to recent religious news through the Pew foundation’s religion news updates some of which will show up as handouts for class.
- Pastor’s Class (Fidelis Room) Pastor Chris will be teaching on the parables in his Faith Formation Class this Fall. During Advent we will switch to a series called “The Advent Conspiracy.” This class is not about how much or how little you know, but about asking questions and growing in faith. All are welcome!
- “Daniel and Us” ~ (Room 313) Can a book written about Jews in captivity over 2500 years ago really have anything to teach us today? More than you might suspect. For starters, would you turn down the best food in the kingdom from the king’s own table? Join Bill Holmes on the 3rd floor during the Faith Formation Hour to find out.
Small Faith Groups During the Week
- Wednesday Morning Bible Study (Library): We will finish our journey through First and Second Kings when Britney Knight returns in October. This class is at 10:30-11:30 a.m. every Wednesday beginning sometime in October.
- Wine & the Word: On the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of every month at 7:00 p.m. at the Cathedral of St. Paul, a group of women gather together to discuss, share, and reflect on the ways at which God is present either at home, work, or the world. This year we are kicking things off with a discussion on Executing Grace: How the Death Penalty Killed Jesus and Why It’s Killing Us by Shane Claiborne. Books are available in the church office for $12.00. All women are welcome!
- Men’s Bible Study: Join a group of men, which includes Jackie Jones, Seph Kumer, Steve Osborn and more, as they gather in the Parlor every Friday morning at 7:00 a.m. to pray and reflect on scripture. All men are welcome!