Our Neighbors’ Place returns to FPCC for its 8th season November 20 – December 3 and January 2 – 15. The number of individuals seeking shelter during the cold winter months is significant. Last year we experienced record numbers during our two weeks of hosting in February when we sheltered an average of 65 guests per night.
As we approach the 2019 – 2020 season, we encourage you to find ways to support the shelter, as it takes a tremendous community effort to successfully host for two weeks.
Ways to get involved are as follows:
- Volunteer for a shift. Three shifts need filled each night, 7:00 – 11:00 pm, 11:00 pm – 3:00- am and 3:00 – 7:00 am. Contact Dale Sweet to volunteer.
- Prepare and serve a meal for 50-60 guests. It doesn’t need to be fancy. Gather a small group of family, friends, a committee you serve on, a small group you participate in, or a church board you serve on and prepare a meal. The meal is served at 8:00 pm each evening. Contact Pat Tracy to schedule a meal.
- Donate needed food and toiletries. The Giving Tree will be up toward the end of the month. Please take a tag or two or three.
- Donate gently used CLEAN clothing. Clothing items are needed, but only specific items and although we can use some women’s clothing, mostly clothing for men is needed including: blue jeans in good condition (we particularly need smaller waist sizes), sweatshirts and sweaters,winter coats and gloves for men, winter boots suitable for walking miles each day
- Please label all clothing for Pat Tracy and drop your donations off at the church office should be left in the office.
- Volunteer help is also needed to set-up and tear down the shelter on Wednesday mornings. Contact Dale Sweet.
- Pray for this ministry
- Contribute financially to this ministry by making your donations at the church office
Dale and Pat are grateful for the many people who have supported Our Neighbors’ Place in the past
and encourage you to get involved in a new way this season.
If you have any questions, call the church office at 814-456-4243
Date(s) - Nov 20, 2019 until Dec 4 2019
7:00 pm - 7:00 am
First Covenant (Knox Hall)