Come & Join the Fun!
Plan to join us on Wednesday, August 28 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. as First Covenant hosts our Annual Community Block Party. Enjoy picnic food and live music. Plan to attend and consider volunteering. Many volunteers are needed for the following:
- Deliver neighbor invitations on Sunday, August 25 after the 10:00 a.m. worship service
- Carry tables & chairs upstairs from Knox Hall on Sunday, August 25 at 5:30 p.m
- Prepare side dishes on Tuesday, August 27 at 10 a.m. at FPCC
- Preparing food at 4:00 p.m.
- Grilling hot dogs & burgers starting at 5 p.m.
- Set up food tables & serve food at 5 p.m.
- Set-up and supervise kid’s games beginning at 5:30 p.m. on August, 28
- Serving on the set-up crew and clean-up crew
- Set-up tables & chairs at 4:00 p.m.
- Meet ‘n Greet and hand-out name tags at 6:00 p.m.
- Hand-out brochures to neighbors (Info-Table) at 6:00 p.m.
- Help clean-up afterwards beginning 7:45 pm
- Take down tables & chairs/return to Knox Hall, beginning 7:45 pm
If you can volunteer for the Block Party, contact Dale Sweet at 898-3417 or [email protected] to offer your help. Please be flexible and willing to help where needed most. And remember, this is a BLOCK party, we are throwing a party WITH our neighbors not just FOR our neighbors. We welcome and encourage neighbors, students and guest help wherever possible!