During our Lenten journey we focused on “The Way.“ Based on the Beatitudes, every week we unpacked what it means to be The People of The Way. We looked at a corresponding story to illustrate how God wants us to live. During these weeks leading up to Easter, we have been “Lighting the Way” by lighting a candle each week. During our Good Friday service we will extinguish these candles in a Tenebrae worship. Join us this Holy Week as we walk with Jesus in his final days and learn what it means to be “The People of the Way.”
Schedule for Holy Week & Easter:
- April 18 – Maundy Thursday – Last Supper Drama with Communion at 6:30 p.m. /Rev. Chris Weichman
- April 19 – Good Friday – Tenebrae Service at 6:30 p.m. /Rev. Chris Weichman
- April 21 – Easter Sunday / 8:30 a.m. & 11:00 a.m. worship services / “People of the Way” by Rev. Chris Weichman /One Great Hour of Sharing
Special Music for Holy Week & Easter:
- April 18 – Maundy Thursday – Come experience the Last Supper drama and experience the last night Jesus was with his disciples as we observe a simple communion service together.
- April 19 – Good Friday Tenebrae Service at 6:30 p.m. – Join us to hear and sing special music as we slowly extinguish our Lenten candles in remembrance of Jesus’ death on the cross. Both the Covenant Bells and the Covenant Choir will perform beautiful anthems!
- April 21 – Easter Sunday – Worship begins with a dramatic representation of the Resurrection including dance and a combined children, youth and adult anthem! We will continue with singing and ringing to celebrate our risen Lord!