of Children and Youth
We are a congregation that is dedicated and motivated to make this space a safe place for all people to feel welcome to have a life-changing encounter with our living Lord Jesus Christ. In order to make this space a safe place for all, the P.C. (USA) requires all churches and faith communities to draft and implement a Child and Youth Protection Policy. Currently, the Personnel Committee is working with Britney and another organization through our Presbytery to finalize our church’s policy, but there are a few changes parents and all members of the church can expect this fall:
1. All faith formation classes for children and youth must have two adult teachers including the nursery.
2. Parents will be required to sign-in and out when dropping off and picking up their child who is in 5th grade or younger.
3. Parents will be required to pick up their child within 10 minutes of any activity, faith formation, or Worship Service ending. If they are not picked up by then, teachers will bring the child to the front office and parents will be contacted. (Only applies to children in 5th grade and younger)
4. All classes and activities for children and youth must take place in rooms with an observation window or door open.
5. All classrooms and rooms in the church not in use will be locked. After the Faith Formation hour, all doors on the second and third floor will be locked.
It will be a challenge to adapt to these changes, but all staff and volunteers will be required to enforce these new policies. Help us make this transition as smooth as possible by spreading the word about the new rules for dropping off and picking up children. These new polices protect children, youth, and adults. If you have any questions, please direct them to Britney Knight at Britney.Knight@firstcovenanterie.org or the Personnel Committee of First Covenant.